Claranet has today announced the appointment of Andy Wilton as its new CIO. The move comes at a time of rapid development and strategic growth for the company in the UK and across Europe, with continued investment in its technology platforms and business systems.
As head of Claranet’s Technology Group, Andy will be responsible for existing IT systems, infrastructure and platforms, together with technology and service integration of newly acquired businesses.
His appointment marks the eve of the first anniversary of Claranet’s acquisition of Star (in the UK) and Typhon (in France) and the company’s establishment as one of the leading managed services providers in Western Europe to the mid-market, including its recognition as a ‘leader’ in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for European Managed Hosting.
Andy has qualifications in physics and computer science, having studied at the University of Nottingham and later Aston University where he received his PhD. His professional career includes senior positions at 3Com, Siemens Network Systems (now part of KCom) and more recently seven years as IT Director of 2e2.
Charles Nasser, CEO of Claranet says:
Since our acquisition last year we have taken the time to create a fully integrated business that takes an expanded range of services to market. Andy’s skill in handling company integration and experience in managing cloud hosting environments made him an ideal choice to join our team, helping to consolidate our share of market as a leading MSP in Europe.”
As one of the few European headquartered providers with a pan-European presence, Claranet is in a strong position as the market continues to mature.
Andy Wilton comments:
Claranet’s extended period of growth and innovation makes this a very exciting time to join the business. The big challenge for cloud providers is how to respond to the rapid changes in market demands in what is still a comparatively immature landscape. Ensuring a fully integrated service that is flexible to every customers’ need is no simple task.”
Find out more:
- For more information about Claranet's hosting portfolio, visit hosting services.
- For more information about Claranet's communications portfolio, visit communications services.
- For more information about Claranet's networks portfolio, visit networks services.
- City AM - City moves 09 December
- CIO - Cloud services vendor Claranet hires 2e2s Wilton as CIO
- Comms Business - Andy Wilton joins Claranet
- Computerworld - Cloud services network provider Claranet hires 2e2s Wilton as CIO
- DCS UK - Claranet appoints new CIO to lead technology development across Western Europe
- DCS Europe - Claranet appoints new CIO to lead technology development across Western Europe
- Microscope - Claranet recruits former 2e2 staffer as CIO